Your wedding dress is one of the most important elements of your big day. Not only does it signify the beginning of a new chapter in your life, but it also sets the tone for the entire event. So, how do you choose between an ivory and white wedding dress?
Below, we’ll discuss everything you need to know about each type of dress, their differences, and when to wear them. Keep reading to learn more about ivory vs white wedding dresses!
The Differences Between Ivory and White Wedding Dresses
- The main difference between ivory and white wedding dresses is their level of opaqueness. A white dress is typically made from a thicker fabric that offers little-to-no transparency.
- On the other hand, an ivory dress is usually made from a thinner fabric that may be translucent in nature. As a result, an ivory dress will often have a warmer hue than a white dress.
When to Wear Each Type of Dress
Now that you know the main difference between these two types of dresses, you might be wondering when to wear each one.
- In general, white wedding dresses are best suited for daytime events or outdoor weddings. This is because they tend to reflect light better than ivory dresses.
- Ivory wedding gowns, on the other hand, are typically reserved for evening receptions or indoor ceremonies. Their warmer hue can create a more romantic atmosphere for your nuptials.
How to Style Up Your Dress
Once you’ve chosen the perfect dress, it’s time to start thinking about how you’ll style it.
- If you’re wearing a white gown, consider adding some color to your accessories. A brightly colored bouquet or pair of heels can really make your dress pop!
- For an ivory dress, opt for softer hues like blush or cream. Adding a lace veil or some sparkly jewelry can also help elevate your look.
Tips for taking care
A bride’s wedding dress is often one of the most important items in her wardrobe. Not only is it a symbol of her love and commitment, but it is also a reflection of her personal style. For many brides, choosing a white or ivory dress is a natural choice. These classic colors lend an air of elegance to any wedding, and they are easy to coordinate with other elements of the wedding party’s attire.
However, there are a few things to keep in mind when caring for a white or ivory wedding dress.
- First, avoid storing the dress in direct sunlight, as this can cause the fabric to turn yellow over time.
- Second, be sure to keep the dress clean and free of dirt, dust, and wrinkles.
- Third, if possible, have the dress professionally cleaned and pressed before your big day.
Choosing between an ivory and white wedding dress doesn’t have to be difficult! Just keep in mind the main differences between these two types of gowns and decide which one is best suited for your big day. Then, get creative with your accessories and have fun styling up your look!